Where is King county Washington?
King county Washington is located on the west side of Washington state and is the most populous It is the 12th most populous city in the united states. Population is just over $2millioin 223 thousand people. King county encompasses two major Washington cities – Seattle and Bellevue and is situated between Snohomish and Pierce counties
Here is a map that shows the cities that make up King county washington
Here are some fun facts about King county – most of this data comes from the 2018 census
- The county was formed December 22, 1852, It was named after Alabama resident William R. King, He was Vice President under President Franklin Pierce.
- There are 2115 square miles in King county with 1,055 people per square mile
- There are Almost 900,000 households with an average of 2.5 persons
- 51% of people are married
- 50/50 male to female ratio
- Median age 36.8 19% of population over 67% of the population is between age 18 and 64
- .There are Over 70,000 employers
- people travel approx. 30 min to get to work - the majority of people drive themselves – you know what that means!!! Traffic!
- Median household income is $95,009 while 9.3% live below poverty
- 93.8% graduated high school and 53.2% have received a bachelors degree
- Median price range for housing $ 661,500. The average appreciation in 2019 was 2.73% with some areas up to 23.88% appreciation !!! It is a great area to invest in real estate.
There you have it. Every fact you need to know about king county Washington – or just about.
If you are thinking of buying or selling a home in king county and would like help fill out the form below. see my form below.